Sports – Students
Eligibility for Sports & Extra Curricular Activities
A student’s eligibility to participate in any activity sponsored by St. Bernard’s Elementary School is determined by their academic achievement. Activities include but are not limited to Sports, Dances, Drama, and Student Council. Students are expected maintain a minimum grade of C minus.
• A student In Grades 4-8 earning a D in any subject on a Report Card will not be eligible to participate in any Sports or Extra-Curricular activity until that grade has been raised to a minimum of a –C on the next Progress Report.
• A student earning a grade of F in any subject on a Report Card or Progress will not be eligible to participate in any sports or extra-curricular activities offered by the school until the grade has been raised to a minimum of C minus on the next Report Card.
• Students will be allowed to return to full participation on the date when the Progress Report or Report Card is issued to students and families.
Girls (Grades 5-8)
Field Hockey begins in Gr. 5 for any girl interested in learning this sport. Practice is twice a week with 8 to 10 games per season. The season runs from mid- September through October.
Boys & Girls (Grades 5-8)
Come have some fun after school! Three teams are organized made up equally from all four grades. Games begin in September and go until mid-October with a championship team “crowned” at the end of the season!
- Boys & Girls (Grades 1 & 2)
- Boys & Girls (Grades 3 & 4) – Basketball begins in Grade 3 as a co-ed sport.
- Boys (Grades 5 & 6), Boys (Grades 7 & 8)
- Girls (Grades 5 & 6), Girls (Grades 7 & 8)
All our Bernardian Basketball Teams play the other North County Catholic Schools. Play is fast and competition is hard!